Friday, April 20, 2012

Remembering a Legend - Dick Clark

Well, as many know by now, Dick Clark passed away on Wednesday.I do have to say, I loved his work, and loved most of what he did. In 1957 he started out as host of the program American Bandstand. Can't say I really got into the show, but once in a blue moon I would watch a clip on Youtube, and it was enjoyable. Clark did a good job there. Another thing he is well known for is New Year's Rockin Eve which he began in 1972. He did this every New Years Eve (Except 2004 his stroke). After his stroke, he was limited in his appearances. Sometimes it was painful to watch, but he seemed to get better every year, and this last year (2011/2012) he sounded a little better. I do commend him for getting back up and learning to walk and talk again after his stroke. Some people would just give up, but Dick didn't. And yes to other people who tried to do that again, good job too.

But what I knew Dick Clark best at was the Pyramid franchise. Definitely a great emcee there, who was just perfect. And when he did screw up, he always bounced back, like the 1958 moment, and the 1968 moment when he was announcing the car prize, and got the years mixed up. Wow, that was funny. Pyramid is a good He hosted the shows start back in 1973 starting with The $10,000 Pyramid. He continued with the show until 1988. As I said, I loved Dick on this show. It was tough on Wednesday watching some Pyramid and realizing, wow, he's really gone :( Well, I've appreciated him before, and now that he's gone, I appreciate him even more.

R.I.P. Dick. You will be greatly missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment