Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Kennedy Administartion

Ah, love hurts. So I'll turn to game shows. So, I might as well give more praise to Tom Kennedy. In another tape I got, it had 5 episodes of Tom Kennedy The Price is Right. It was a special syndicated half hour edition of the show that ran from 1985-1986. The show had the format of the first few years of the show, 3 pricing games, and the top 2 winners compete in the showcase. I saw Tom's hosting. Man, he can go into any show that someone else had hosted, and could make it great in his own way, and his style would just settle right in comfortably. Yeah, he's no Bob Barker or Drew Carey, but he's good enough. The way he handled it was just great all round. Personally, I scratch my head wondering, why didn't this show last into the 1986-1987 season. I think it should've. Although part of the show was taped during a rough period of the show after Johnny Olson passed away in 1985. It was a good run, which could've (and should've) been longer. Hey, GSN aired it from 1996-1998, so it's not that bad. It beat the other syndicated version that followed a few years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment