Thursday, November 14, 2013

Returns and Acquisitions - What's Happening to GSN next

Well, GSN used to be very predictable, when a show would lose a spot for Harvey Feud. The next set of changes at GSN, well, are very unexpected, but are very...well, if you like older shows, you're in heaven, or something like that. These changes start December 2nd.

First, Blockbusters with Bill Cullen returns to the network after nearly 5 years of being nowhere on the network. The episode start is #312, so it looks like the last 60 episodes of the run. This replaces the 9:00am episode of Super Password. Convy and crew still have the 11:00am slot for now.

Second, it's not a show change, but a switch of episodes. The 1985-1986 episodes of $ale of the Century will air at 10:00am continuing from the Black Friday marathon. The 1988-1989 episodes disappear. So this means different music package, endgame, and Jay Stewart are around now.

Then, the most interesting change is at 4:00pm. Shop Til you Drop with Pat Finn (don't know which run, I'm assuming it's the 2000 PAX run, I mean GSN did air one of those shows a few years ago). The episodes will repeat the next weekday at 12:00pm. (so what airs Tuesday at 4:00pm will air Wednesday at 12:00pm). The shows get the full hour.

Well, this is very interesting. I do prefer Shop Til You Drop over Supermarket Sweep by far, so I can live with that. I'll watch (or record). I hope it lasts awhile.

Very glad to see Blockbusters with Bill Cullen return to the network. This is one of my favorite Game Shows. I would always watch it on weekend mornings. Also good to see a Bill Cullen show on the network. I will definetley be watching (or recording) this for sure. Hope it fares well in the ratings.

As for Syndicated $ale gaining a spot on the regular schedule. Yes I'm happy.

These changes start Monday Shop Til You Drop, that starts on December 3rd)
December 2nd (except for the Noon

No comments:

Post a Comment