Monday, November 11, 2013

Thanksgiving Weekend - Some Different, and Several Same

I should return to more blogging. I've given a few posts, but I'll give some more. So here's Thanksgiving on GSN this year.

On Thanksgiving, it's all Family Feud. Steve Harvey? Yes from 2:00pm and onward. Before, it's everyone else. And I mean EVERYONE. Dawson gets the 8:00am hour with 2 shows (1 with Sammy Davis Jr. Hosting, and then the Game Show Hosts episodes). Combs gets 9:00am, Anderson 10:00am, Karn 11:00am, O'Hurley 12:00pm, and Roker 1:00pm. Yes they're all celebrity shows.

Well, this is interesting. Dawson gets his first exposure since his removal last spring. He'll be good to see again. He was my favorite. Like that GSN's usuals are present, wouldn't be a normal day without them (some sarcasm there) As for everyone else, it must be turkey day.

Al Roker was not a bad host, it was the celebrities that turned me away, like the Kardashian's or Hugh Hefner's girlfriends. Considering I don't like those who are popular, that turned me away from the show. I've grown to dislike Combs more and more, so I probably won't watch. There is an Opryland show though, so I might (Bill Anderson is there). Louie.........Yeah I hope this is a one time deal. His voice sucked, his hosting sucked, and yeah. He didn't want to be there and eventually grew really bored (worse than Dawson did). Probably a one time deal like Match Game 98 (I Hope). Card Sharks 2001 is probably due to pop up sometime soon.

As for Black Friday, Steve gets everything from Noon eastern onward. Before that, 1985-1986 Syndicated episodes of $ale of the Century. That works for Black Friday with shopping. They're airing the First 8 episodes of that version, with the Shopping era. Some speculate that version will air soon. I think so, but not for awhile. Well, I'll be tuning in (or DVRing and saving). The earlier episodes were much better. The music package was better, more energy, better endgames. We'll see what happens. If the Syndicated version makes its way to the network, I'll be watching. If not and they stick with the 1988-1989 NBC shows, OK. I thought the show would never come to the network. Sometimes it's good to be wrong.

As for the overabundance of Harvey. No problem. I just won't watch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment