Tuesday, November 26, 2013

End of an Era

How about a non game show post for the first time in awhile. One of my favorite bands, The Church will soon be coming out with a new album. Unfortunately, Marty Willson Piper will not be present. This article announces that Marty has been replaced with Ian Haug of Powderfinger. As Steve Kilbey has said "If you can't dig it, I'm sorry. This is my f*#king band after all and has existed at times without Peter, and in the beginning without Marty, and for times in between when he went AWOL."

Marty was not available, and has been doing some of his own work.

I had the opportunity to meet Marty in February 2011 in Seattle when they performed their tour there. He seemed like a nice fellow. But time moves on and things change. I personally will miss Marty. He's contributed a lot to this band, and is a great musician. But the band will move on. I for one also welcome Ian Haug. Never heard of him or his work, but it will be interesting to see how he does with the band. It's a new addition that I find welcome. I have no disrespect to Marty and wish him well in the future. Kinda sucks that they'll probably never perform together again. Well, let's see how they do with this new album.

No comments:

Post a Comment