Friday, November 29, 2013

Holiday Marathon Review

Well, Thanksgiving is probably one of my favorite days of the year. I woke up and caught the last few minutes of Family Feud with Richard Dawson. Jim Perry was a fast money player. Then, for the first time in several years, Ray Combs was on my television set. Now, I understand that here on the web Ray is considered one of the best. As I've said before, I disagree. After watching both episodes (fighting to stay awake) I was reminded as to why I no longer like Ray. He tried too hard to be funny, and was a lousy emcee. It has nothing to do with what he did. While he didn't try to be like Dawson, I've come to find that his style just doesn't fit my tastes anymore.

But I was reminded that Ray was not the worst. After that, it was 2 episodes of Louie Anderson Family Feud. The only interesting thing about the episodes were Brande Roderick. Other than that, Louie was just downright putrid. I fell asleep during the second show. He mumbled, and looked about as interested as dead leaves. That's all I caught. I didn't catch the Roker episode. I was helping get Thanksgiving dinner moving forward. I do miss Richard Dawson's version on the network though, I will admit that. It was nice to see again.

No comments:

Post a Comment