Sunday, March 4, 2012

The True Happy Days

Happy Days is one of my favorite TV shows. It's just funny, clean humor (OK, it aired in the 70's), but I just liked it. Although many people don't know I enjoy watching older TV shows (as well as modern) they do know I love to watch Happy Days. A show set in Milwaukee Wisconsin in the 1950's. The show focused around Richie Cunningham (Ron Howard), and his friend Potsie Weber (Anson Williams). Later on Ralph Malph (Donny Most) started hangin around with them. Other characters were Richie's sister (Joanie), his Parents Howard (Tom Bosley) and Marion (Marion Ross) Cunningham. The Fonz (Henry Winkler) was the coolest guy they knew and looked up to. They did many adventures, and tried to get tricks, or save someone in trouble. Or some other scheme as well.

The show ran from 1974-1984. In 1980, Richie and Ralph left. It left some void, but I personally was able to adapt. The 10th season (which could've been the last) was probably the suckiest. In the final season, Joanie and Chachi (Scott Baio), returned. Chachi had always pursued Joanie, and eventually ended up getting married. In the final season, Richie and Ralph returned for an episode. It was cool to see that again. The final season wasn't that bad, it beat the last one. Of course the seasons from Seasons 3-7 were the best. The first 2 seasons, yeah slow, but were fun to watch, and I definetley enjoyed Rock Around the Clock. That was one fun remix of the song. I have to say thank you to The Hub in October 2010 for rekindling my interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment