Thursday, December 20, 2012

A Happy Holiday

Well, with GSN's Holiday Marathon list, I thought I'd return to comment on my favorite one. The Christmas Day marathon filled with Match Game. However, it will only feature 1 episode of 74 :) I'll post the lineup, and my thoughts about each any every episode. The marathon will air from 8:00am ET-5:00pmET.

The lineup is as follows. My Commentary is underlined

8:00am - The Match Game, 1962 Pilot episode with Peggy Cass & Peter Lind Hayes. Well, that's awesome, I've only seen a few parts on Youtube. I understand it will probably be not as exciting as other episodes, but it beats Algebra 2 any day.
8:30am - The Match Game, July 28, 1964 episode with Jayne Mansfield & Orson Bean. I've only seen 1 other episode of the 1960's version. And that was an All*Star episode. So I'm looking forward to this.
9:00am - Match Game, 1973 Pilot with Bert Convy, Arlene Francis, Jack Klugman, Jo Ann Pflug, RD, BW. Yeah, this is really awesome. I truly mean it. I'm very excited to see the beginnings of one of my favorite TV shows.
9:30am - Match Game 73. Premiere episode with Michael Landon, VL, Jack Klugman, Jo Ann Pflug, RD, Anita Gillette. Been awhile since this has been on the network, so this will be nice to see again. Especially for those who just recently started watching
10:00am - Match Game 73, First episode with Brett & Charles, #11, with Bert Convy, Jaye P. Morgan, CNR, BS, RD, BW So cool, this is a classic episode, something that would start something great :)
10:30am - Match Game 74, #158 with Steve Allen, BS, CNR, FF, RD, Kaye Ballard. This was the first time boobs was used for an answer, so, yeah it's a classic, even though GSN has aired it a lot lately.
11:00am - Match Game PM, #3, with William Shatner, BS, CNR, Lee Merewether, RD, JB. This is a good episode. Should be fun to watch again
11:30am - Match Game 76, #827 with Avery Schrieber, BS, CNR, Nancy Kulp, RD, JB. Another classic, hasn't been seen for years.
12:00pm - Match Game 77, #972, with Dick Smothers, BS, CNR, Meg Bennett, RD, FF Other reports are reporting New Years Eve 1976. We'll see, either way, I've probably never seen them
12:30pm - Maych Game 77 #1005, with Edward Asner, BS, CNR, DS, RD, PD You know, this episode kind of pissed me off. I mean the riot was funny, but the judge's decision was completely Back Asswards (Yeah I said that right). Hey better than nothing :)
1:00pm - Match Game 78, #1228, with David Doyle, BS, CNR, EJ, RD, BW. Classic episode with classic moment, nuff said
1:30pm - Match Game PM, #151, with Kukla & Ollie, BS, CNR, Eva Gabor, Arte Johnson, Another classic, one of my favorites.
2:00pm - Match Game SYN, 1979, with Foster Brooks, BS, CNR, Sarah Purcll, Scoey Mitchlll, FF Should be interesting to see again
2:30pm - Match Game SYN, 1980, with Charles Siebert, BS, CNR, Phyllis Davis, Robert Donner, MW I Think I know this one, or maybe I don't :)
3:00pm - Match Game SYN, Finale of the 1973-1982 version featuring Skip Stephenson, BS, CNR, Melinda O. Fee, MS, BW Unnanounced, but Dawson is mentioned :)
3:30pm - Match Game 90, #41 with Bill Kirchenbauer, BS, CNR, VL, Ronn Lucas, Deborah Tranelli Awesome, an MG90 episode with Brett. I do love Ronn Lucas
4:00pm - Match Game 98, with Nell Carter, George Hamilton, Judy Tenuta, Rondell Sherdian, VL This is the black licorice flavor in the marathon. Oh well, beats Dog Eat Dog.
4:30pm - Match Game 90 Pilot with Bert Convy Hosting. Um, wow, DVR set.

This looks to be a good marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment