Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Sucky Revival

Well, I was reading the Game Show Forums and a post from March 2008. And I saw a post I'll share later in this blog post. It had something to do with The Match Game Hollywood Squares Hour. I saw a couple episodes of this, and I puked. Yeah, Gene didn't seem to enjoy it that much, and it was just stupid. I'm sorry but it was putrid, and very unwatchable. Jon Bauman, I'm sorry, I liked the Gangsta Bowzer that I've seen on the Late 70's Match Game and Password Plus in which he was cooler and enjoyable (OK, I liked his Super Password appearance). However, yeah, the stars weren't that great, both shows were weary and tired, and needed longer rests.

Now what brought me to this horrid review, it was this post. What was a normal tape schedule for The Match Game Hollywood Squares Hour


8:45 - Drag Gene kicking and screaming into the studio
9:00 - Tape first show
10:00 - Chase Gene back to dressing room. Call locksmith.
10:15 - Locksmith arrives
10:30 - Lock picked on dressing room door, drag Gene back into studio...

Yeah, I got a kick out of that. Well, this revival beat the 98 version of Match Game and Davidson's Squares, although the 1960's Match Game was much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment