Thursday, March 6, 2014

Remembering a Legend - Geoff Edwards

Didn't I just do one of these? Unfortunately I did, and I'm doing it again. Shortly after the passing of Jim Lange, I read that Game Show Great Geoff Edwards passed away yesterday after complications of pneumonia at the age of 83.

As a game show fan, this is a really sad week. I remember when Richard Dawson died just a few weeks after Dick Clark. This is even more difficult, week by week is simply sad.

Geoff was one of my favorite hosts. He could handle each and every game well. He had a great sense of humor with each show, and was geniunley nice with each contestant. He knew each game, how to play it, and well.... he was just amazing. He had several fun moments, whether humorous, or just big money wins. I especially liked the work he did on Treasure Hunt presenting the prizes (or the klunks). He is very underrated in my opinion. He's done shows such as Jackpot!, Treasure Hunt, Play the Percentages, The Big Spin, and Chain Reaction.
 Although I dind't care for the 1986-1991 version of Chain Reaction, the only good thing about it was Geoff. It was very cheap, low-budget, and could be dull, but Geoff was the only good part. He did sub for Bill Cullen in 1980 while Bill was on Password Plus. 

R.I.P. Geoff. We'll miss you

No comments:

Post a Comment