Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Contrary To Popular Belief

Well, everyone has their opinions. I have mine, and others do. And most of them are different. That is awesome, because it adds a lot of different views.

However there are some opinions, that everyone has, and it's heresy if you disagree. Here are 3 of them, that is "dangerous to disagree with"


  • Ray Combs is the best host of Family Feud, and Karn sucks
  • Meredith Vieria is a better Who Wants To Be a Millionaire host than Regis Philbin
  • British Game Shows Beat American Game Shows
I'll look at the first one. Ray Combs, who hosted Family Feud from 1988-1994. I used to think Combs was awesome. But over time, as I got older (I'm 17 now), I found his jokes not to be funny (but I still find Dawson's funny, and they're really out of date), and tasteless, and his style quickly wore off on me. Yes, I am glad GSN no longer (and probably never will again) carries the show. Plus his exit on his last show, the way he acted, was just unprofessional. Dawson's return seemed so much better to me. Although, the rest of Ray's life at this point, was very tragic. Suicide is not a good thing. He probably had his brain chemicals out of whack, and I understand that happens to some people, but if he had gotten some help, things probably would've been different. As for Karn, I used to hate him, but some how I grew to appreciate him more. He wasn't that bad.

The 2nd one. Meredith Vieria has hosted Who Wants To Be a Millionaire for 10 years and counting. Regis only did 3. Personally, I couldn't really get into Meredith, no matter how much I tried. She wasn't bad, but her style wasn't my favorite (no it has nothing to do with the fact she's a woman). Regis' style suited my tastes better, and seemed to fit the show perfectly, but that's just me. But in all fairness, Meredith has done the show for 10 years, and has kept the show successful so, she does get credit for that.

The last one, The British are Better Than Us. I disagree. Shows like The Exit List, The Cube, Countdown, Cleverdicks, and the British versions of some shows. I just didn't like them that much. Sorry, and plus I think some people act like they're the best thing that's ever happened in existence (OK, it might be an over-exaggeration). Although, I will admit, I do have a soft spot for Family Fortunes, and Blockbusters (with Bob Holness, and Simon Mayo) and thought the concept of The Colour of Money was pretty awesome.

These are just my opinions. Keep your own, and hope I didn't offend too many people.

No comments:

Post a Comment