Friday, July 20, 2012

Great Performer, Awful Rotten Person

Well, there's been recent discussion about The Price is Right 40th Anniversary Special that should air in early September to celebrate the shows 40th season. There's been debate as to whether Bob Barker should show up on the special. From the looks of things, he won't.

Well, there's a group of people who would love to forget Bob Barker was ever brought into existence. If he was a cruddy host at The Price is Right I would probably be in that group. But I enjoyed his hosting, as a matter of fact, he's my 2nd favorite Game Show host of all time. (You probably know who my first is). But he's probably, No, for sure one of the most self-centered, rudest, jerkiest game show hosts off camera I've ever seen. The whole modelgate thing was just stupid. And the argument with Betty White and The 2009 Game Show Awards for GSN was uncalled for too, and that was just childish behavior. It's sad what happened, and it is pathetic. He's lonely, unloved, and just a jerk. It's sad when you think about it, but it happened, and he's probably too prideful to apologize, and I'm sure the models wouldn't accept.

Well, he was part of the shows history, and he was kind of part of my childhood, so it's a little disappointing he's not showing up, but it's probably for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment