Friday, February 28, 2014

Remembering a Legend - Jim Lange

I hate doing these kind of posts. I really do. I learned yesterday that game show host Jim Lange passed away Tuesday at the age of 81.

Jim was one of my favorites in general. Every show he hosted he handled well. He has hosted shows such as Name That Tune, Spin Off, The One Million Dollar Chance of a Lifetime, The New Newlywed Game, Bullseye, and most notably The Dating Game. 

In my view every show Jim hosted, whether I liked it or not, he did amazing. He knew the game well, interacted well with the contestants. Overall those who worked with Jim didn't seem to have a bad thing to say about him.

My personal favorite Lange show would be Bullseye. He did the show well, and he hit the Bullseye in that regard. He also hosted a special week of Newlywed Game shows in February 1984. Even though that was a short time, he's my favorite Newlywed Game host out of all those who hosted. Sorry Bob.

R.I.P Jim. We'll miss you.

If you wish to watch some of Jim Lange's work, check out various YouTube clips. Also, GSN on Wednesday March 5th will pay tribute to Jim by airing 8 episodes of The Dating Game from 8:00am-12:00pm eastern time.

No comments:

Post a Comment